Participating in a trade show exhibit can be very hard for every entrepreneur especially if it is their first experience of such event. One must bear in mind that there are only 2 possible things that can happen in a trade show. It can either be a success or a failure.
Smaller businesses, however, doesn’t have the luxury of failing in a trade show. It is a make or break for them. That is why it is very important to plan ahead, plan intricately, and work efficiently. There are a lot of factors that needs to be considered in order to launch a successful trade show as a first-timer.
Here are some tips for small businesses to follow:
- Make sure to rent the smallest space available. Small trade show booths are the cheapest in a trade show exhibit. As a first timer, you will learn a lot about the things that will work your products and which don’t. You will also see fresh ideas from other exhibitor that can inspire you to improve your event display design. So keeping your expenses on a trade show space and design as you learn is the best way to keep your losses at a minimum.
- Choose an open trade show exhibit design. It is always best to opt for an open trade show booth during your first trade show. Attendees might not have any information about what your company is all about so you must provide a friendly environment in order to lure them into your booth. Putting a large table on the front of your booth with the staff standing behind it can be very intimidating and unwelcoming. So a small table on the sides or inside of the booth is best when doing a trade show.
- Always keep the booth tidy and well-kept. Maintaining a clean and tidy booth makes your customers focus on your products and services. Seeing empty cups or empty wrappers on the tables distracts the attention of your customers from the important matters in your booth.
- Know essential measurements. It is best to know the exact measurement of your booth space since it is the basis of the sizes of your display materials. There not enough time to cut and refit your display components when you are already in the exhibit area.
- Opt to rent display components. According to recent studies, most first-time exhibitors do not go back for a second exhibit. So, it might be wiser to rent your trade show display materials in order to avoid the cost in building your own and shipping it to and from the exhibit.
- Always consider shipping cost. Shipping cost should always be given attention when doing trade show booths. Oversized and heavy displays could cost more than you have expected.
- Keep an eye on your valuables. Always secure valuable items such as laptops, speakers, tablets and other electronic appliances when doing a trade show. There can be a lot of things that will steal your attention away from your valuable possessions. SO, it is best to securely lock them inside the booth or inside locked cabinets when not needed.
- Create a unified appearance when designing your booth. For a more professional-looking trade show booth, all displays must feature a unified appearance. This will create an impression from the attendees and it will make your booth stand out from the rest.
Lastly, the most important thing to remember is to learn from your first trade show exhibit. This way, you will be able to improve greatly on your next trade show and you will be able to formulate a better plan in the development of the company and your products.